Friday, May 4, 2012

Cat Tales

At Penner Pumpkins we love animals.  Growing up we always had cats and dogs.  On our home yard we usually have around 15 cats.  We have this many because of the number of buildings on our yard.  All of our cats have names and very unique personalities.

We use to have a cat named Charlie.  This cat decided that the best place to have her kittens was our front step.  We decided this was not a good place for her to have kittens so we started putting her into a building to have her kittens.  When ever this cat was ready to have her kittens she would meow non-stop til we let her into the building.  One year she had five kittens and we had two rabbits.  One of the rabbits gave birth and died so we moved the bunny into Charlies box.  One day I came in and I hear a kitten meowing.  Charlie had moved four kittens and the bunny and left one kitten behind.  She knew she had five kittens and she moved five animals.

On May 2 Molly had four kittens.  She gave birth to one on a shelf and than decided that was not a good idea and moved to a different location.  She didn't move the one kitten when she went to the new location.  We (Shirley and I) were showing Joy, a person who gives us advice on our Agritourism business, around the zip line area.  I heard a kitten screaming and went to investigate and found the kitten, I didn't see the mother so I assumed she was out somewhere.  I think kittens are extremely cute so I showed Joy the kitten and she found the mother.  I didn't want to move the kitten because the mother than could abandon all the kittens.  Joy felt sorry for the kitten and moved it to the mother.  The mother didn't abandon the kittens and the abandoned kitten is doing fine.



Written by Lorissa


No comments:

Post a Comment