Thursday, July 15, 2010

2 weeks and 4 days til opening day.

Penner Pumpkins is busy getting ready to open on August 1st. We will be open at 11 am. Amanda is our painter and does amazing work. She is busy painting our animals for the farm animal maze and for our milking cow. Last year she painted animals for our play structure. Come check out her work. TJ is busy cleaning up the path. Leveling it out, chopping trees, clearing trees and grass. Brady is busy working on the farm animal maze. He's clearing out the trees and making sure it is very twisty and confusing. The other day I took a walk through it and told TJ to stay around so he could find me if I got lost. Shirley, the boss, is making sure everything is running smoothly. She's also busy watering our tomatoes and cucumbers in the greenhouse and planting the rest of the flower containers. She's also making sure all the odd and ends are coming together. Donna Marie is our website developer. She does an amazing job (check it out at www.pennerpumpkins.com). Than there's me, Lorissa. I keep the blog and facebook updated. I weed the garden and go to our two farmers' markets. In fall if you come buy a pumpkin I will most likely be the one selling it to you (if I'm not working at my other job).

On Tuesday Penner Pumpkins will be stuffing our scarecrows. That is always a very fun, but itchy job. I love seeing the scarecrows take shape. My favorite part is setting up the scenes and deciding which props go where. My second favorite part is making up the stories that go with each scene. Each year I make up a story that explains each scene in an entertaining way.

Hope to see you at the Scarecrow Forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment