Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Lost goats and kittens, while trying to plant a garden.

Little Bo Peep has lost her goats and kittens, but not her sheep.  I was sitting down ready to have a nice cup of coffee in the morning and I get a phone call from my mom (Shirley).  She was frantic because she couldn't find the baby kids.  Chloe was frantic and bleating.  I told her to look throughout the pen because they couldn't have escaped.  They weren't in the pen so Shirley let Chloe out of her pen to find her kids. As soon as she was out she ran out to the green grass and started chowing down.  I dumped my coffee into a travel mug and drove over to my mom's place.  When I got there she had the baby kids.  They had escaped the pen and were curled up tight in a corner by our barn.  Thank goodness they were alright.  Now the gate is shut tight so they can't escape again.

Oreo and Rocky lying on their bridge I made for them.

I than went to the greenhouse to check on the plants and to start seeding the pumpkins.  I heard yodeling coming from our table.  We have this huge table in the middle of our greenhouse so we can put our trays on it. We have created a mini greenhouse around this table with plastic.  On Sat. or Sun. Fleck Head (a cat) had kittens in the greenhouse.  She decided having them in the rolls of plastic was a perfect place to have her kittens.  On Sun we found one kitten, on Mon we found two kittens, and Tues. we found four kittens.  I had found a nice box for the one kitten on Sun, but she decided plastic was a much better place.  When I went into the greenhouse on Tuesday they were on top of the table all over the place.  I moved them into one corner with a piece of cloth.  I planted for a while, went for lunch, and when I came back they were yodeling again.   Being 3-4 days old the kittens sure can yodel and motor. I found them ALL (scattered all over the table) and put them into the box.    On Wed.  they were still in the box thank goodness.

Fleck Head with her kittens.  In the first picture is our table.  During the winter months we only use half of it so the plastic is rolled up on the other side.  Fleck Head had kittens on top of the table and bottom of the table in the plastic.



When we were not finding lost animals we were busy in the greenhouse and garden.  In the greenhouse we seeded the pumpkins, gourds, squash, and cucumbers.  In the garden we have seeded peas, carrots, sunflowers, lettuce, beets, and beans and we planted potatoes and cabbages.  In two weeks we are going to tackle our 5 acre garden.

Lorissa








No comments:

Post a Comment