Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Rubber Duckies

How hard can it be to get 1000 rubber duckies home? Apparently it can be really hard. Shirley and I went on a short relaxing trip to the states, after planting our 3 1/2 acre garden. We decided to take my small car (a four door Yaris, really small for someone who is 5'9") because we weren't going to buy that much. I love going to the states because they have a ton of cheap, nice size 11 shoes and my favorite nursing uniform brand. I was also planning on bringing back some books. That was it and than the 1000 duckies.

Well, my mom found some really cheap bushel baskets, medium bushel baskets, and tiny bushel baskets so we bough 10 of each. Than I found a cheap, really nice patio set. Glass top, table legs, umbrella, and four chairs. Than my mom decided we needed to buy a canopy for the farmers' market. My car looked stuffed and I couldn't see out of many of the windows so we found a secluded spot in a park, unloaded and than reloaded everything.

Time to pick up the rubber duckies and there is no room in the car. We decided to open up the bags and dump the ducks in every nook and cranny we could find. When we came to the border I was hoping that the guard wouldn't open up my doors because he than would have a rubber ducky shower. Thankfully he didn't open up my car doors, and only looked in my trunk.

The rubber duckies came home and now people can race them at the Forest.

Lorissa

No comments:

Post a Comment