Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pregnant Goats?

I have been doing a lot of reading on goats lately.  I'm thinking my female goat and my dad's female goat may be pregnant.  I really don't know as I just got we got the female goats last year.  Jack, the male goat, wasn't a very willing participant so it's hard to know.  The other problem is that Besty has always been fat.  When people see her they always ask when she is due and during the summer and fall I would always tell people "she is just fat".  I am thinking Besty may be due at the end of April and Chloe will be due at the end of May.  Time will tell.  Some interesting facts about goats:

  • Goats are pregnant for about 142 to 152 days.
  • Twins is the most common, 1 and 3 kids the second most common scenario, and 4-6 being quite rare. 
  • A baby goat is called a kid.
  •  You can train goats to do tricks.
  • Goats have no upper front teeth

Chloe and Besty.

 Lorissa
Jack who will be the father if Chloe and Besty have kids.




No comments:

Post a Comment